H2183-10 Solid State Compass with Heading Sensor
The Advantage is the Accuracy
Whether you are offshore fishing or just enjoying family time on the water, feel confident and comfortable that the H2183 is your reliable source for heading information. The solid-state three-axis compass, combined with Airmar’s additional advanced sensors and software provide unparalleled performance. What sets the H2183 apart from the competition is its ability to maintain 2° of heading accuracy under dynamic motion conditions, such as steep heeling, hard turns, and rough seas. Heading integrated with the three-axis rate gyro and three-axis accelerometer data allows the H2183 to maintain 2° of accuracy even if the vessel is pitching and rolling up to 30°. This level of accuracy is perfect for interfacing with autopilots, chart plotters, and radar systems.
The H2183’s innovative circular design easily mounts and aligns on ANY angled bulkhead. Designed for simultaneous use with NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000® devices, the waterproof, easy-to-install sensor can be wired into both NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 networks on the vessel with just a single cable.
Quick Guide (pdf)Brochure (pdf)
- Better than 1° heading accuracy in static conditions
- Best-in-class 2° heading accuracy in dynamic conditions
- Three-axis solid-state compass provides heading data
- Three-axis accelerometer provides pitch and roll data
- Three-axis rate gyro provides rate-of-turn data
- Only recreational heading sensor that uses a three-axis rate gyro
- Compass calibration can be easily done on any display or PC
- Easily mounts on any angled bulkhead
- IPX6 waterproof enclosure
- Default 10 Hz update rate for heading (HDG)
- Outputs NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 data simultaneously