B&G H5000 Hydra Base Pack
The H5000 Hydra CPU is the brains behind the ultimate cruiser/racer system. Its ultra-fast ARM processors deliver data in an instant and the browser-based setup allows straightforward and flexible configuration. Unique sailing features ensure the H5000 remains ahead of the fleet.
The innovative B&G H5000 instrument system is powered by a smart Central Processing Unit (CPU) with the ability to run three levels of software, Hercules, Hydra and Performance. Hydra is designed for sailors running a cruising, or dual-purpose cruising/racing, system and provides the sophistication you need without over-complication.
Running a system with an integral CPU has a wealth of advantages including web-browser based setup via the new H5000 interface, for easy set-up, calibration, commissioning, backup/restore and advanced diagnostics. It also expands the system's communications capabilities, with dual NMEA 0183 ports with selectable message configuration, Ethernet link to the webserver and other software apps. Add a wireless router and you benefit from tablet/smartphone integration. A CPU provides enhanced sensor support and specific sailing features like wind correction for heel/trim angle and true wind correction - improving the data displayed to the user and guiding the autopilot. It also simplifies seemingly complex calibrations through AutoCal calibration routines.
The H5000 Hydra CPU delivers enhanced HV display control, letting you oscillate the displays between two variables, for more efficient display use, and provides support for both expansion modules and many of B&G's existing sensors. In addition, the CPU provides advanced MOB function with dedicated MOB button input and dead reckoning of relative MOB position, allowing for tide, based on the initial MOB position or as updated via AIS SART with compatible equipment.
- Ultra-fast ARM Processors:The CPU achieves speeds of up to 50 times that of its predecessor, for rapid calculation, real-time data and fast updates; each with the trademark B&G precision
- Performance Wind Filter:Provides stable, accurate wind data for displays and the autopilot
- Flexible configuration:Tailor your Hydra setup to suit your application. H5000's wide compatibility provides swift, seamless integration with other instruments and electronics across the B&G marine network including AIS, radar and chartplotters
- Browser-based set-up: The CPU features browser-based setup via the new H5000 interface for fast, efficient and hassle-free commissioning and calibration
- GoFreeT Wireless Technology: Expand Hydra's functionality even further with third-party apps and stream data via GoFree, B&G's powerful wireless solution to remotely view H5000 instrument data via your tablet or smartphone. Requires wireless module.
- LED status indicators: Status indicators on the CPU provide a clear indication of system status
LANGUAGES - English(web-browser)
Operating Voltages - 12V DC nominal
Media Port - USB port for software and configuaration updates
Warranty - 2 Year (3 Years with +1 Advantage)Technical/Environmental
Waterproof standard/rating - IPx5
Product Width - 210mm
Product Depth - 60mm
Product Height - 194 mmInterfaces
Interfaces - B&G Wind Sensor; 0-5V TTL Boat Speed input; 4x Analog inputs; MOB input; Alarm output.
Network - 1x Network port
NMEA - 2x bi-directional NMEA 0183 ports
Ethernet - RJ45 Ethernet port (web-browser access and data streaming)In the Box
H5000 Graphic Display
H5000 CPU Hydra
N2K Backbone Starter Kit
Quick Guide (pdf)Owner's Manual (pdf)
- Instrument Function: Multifunction
- Screen Size: 5"
- Box Dimensions: 10"H x 11"W x 13"L WT: 7.2 lbs
- UPC: 9420024130377